Wednesday 21 December 2011

One Step Closer to Miles Away

I remember when I still didn't get the job for almost one year. It felt like I'm kind of scum of the earth. I just go everywhere to attend an interview, but never called again for a follow up. And there was a time where I must go to north Jakarta, to attend an interview with one of the multinational airlines in Soekarno-Hatta airport. The night before the interview, I was thinking not to come to the interview because it was so far away from my home, and I have to take an airport transportation to go there, which was pretty expensive for just a bus. But in the other hand I already feel the excitement because I never been to airport by myself and I thought it would be a great experience. Which was indeed I had a great experience (you can check my experience in my other post : "pungutan liar resmi")

I pretend like I'm one of the busy people who want to go abroad or something. I walked terminal to terminal, see people with their suitcase, their family and friends. And the most unforgettable moment is when I see and hear planes takeoff and landing. The engine sound. Suddenly I felt so carried away with emotion I could almost cried and in the meantime I felt like I can also be in that plane. And I said to myself  "don't worry mom, I will make you proud. I will be in that plane someday. I will go to other country and study there. No one will ever underestimate our family anymore."

And now I'm one step closer to miles away. Everyday, I am one step closer to my dreams.


3 comments:

  1. Study abroad = proud, hmmm... you one step closer to something that we call branding.
    Be proud because you have nothing, instead have everything but feeling nothing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My family always looked like shit even in my own big family. They underestimate my father who just got nothing to be proud, not like the others. They underestimate me whose not get the education as high as my other nephews. I read a book, where a son of a bus driver, can achieve a high level in their life by become kind of a boss in New York. He increase their, let's say "family degree"
    I can't stand when my mother always gets the blame for every standart shit this big family have. I want to hit them back. I want to make them cut their tongue by showing them a son of a driver can get something that even a high educated person couldn't have - dreams and balls to chase them, without fear that we cover with hundreds of capitalism reasons

    "Be proud because you have nothing, instead have everything but feeling nothing" who said that having everything feels nothing to me? and it's still far away from everything

    Maybe it's nothing for you. Maybe it's just branding or capitalism product or anything you say. But it's everything to me,and I'm proud to have dreams. Life is a lot bigger than just here. You're not completely life if you stay in a box and talk about a beautiful garden outside your box like you know it.

    Thanks for leaving a comment...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So this whole things come from a really big issues about family background. I think you misunderstanding to say that it's nothing for me, and cover my fears with hundreds capitalism reason. Some of them only go to get branding on their side. I thought you were one of them, but the answer of my comment, state that you're not, because you explain about your family issues. So it's nice to know that you are made it now

    ReplyDelete